A couple of weeks ago we had the opportunity to be part of a very special wedding celebration in the heart of the Sacred Valley. The venue of the event is one of the best places in the Sacred Valley, has a colonial architectural structure, and stunning Andean mountains around it. The Ceremony area was in a charming garden with a grand tree in the background. We absolutely loved the ambiance as it was so romantic and beautiful. The guests were truly amazed by the view and the intricate details of the whole event.
Selecting the perfect venue for this couple was just the beginning. We made sure that all details planned ahead of time were included. When planning a wedding with a couple that has never seen their venue in person, the most important thing is that we recreate the perfect setting and even more important recreate their expected dreams for decoration and make sure that every little detail was considered. The theme for this wedding was romantic and dreamy, so we chose an outdoor ceremony in a flower-filled garden. To enhance the experience, the outdoor ceremony also included a tent or “huppah” with flower details that combined with the bride’s bouquet and the wedding’s color palette.
For the reception, the Bride and groom opted for rustic-chic decoration paired with vibrant color centerpieces with red, yellow and orange roses. The centerpieces were arranged using a natural style, like a garden with foliage in a gold vase. The ceiling had a beautiful white tent paired with gold string of lights. The bar was made of wood simply decorated with light and flowers in a vase.
For many couples, the wedding cake is an essential part of the wedding celebration. The use of colors is definitely a new trend for wedding cakes. For this wedding, the cake was very important, the couple chose a 2-tier cake covered by fondant and it was hand-painted with gold touches. The cake was placed on the dessert table on top of a wooden base and surrounded by orange flowers.
The bride´s bouquet was lovely! The bride opted for an airy bouquet with orange roses of different sizes and green touches of nature, all perfectly assembled. Many times, the flowers in the bouquet define the centerpieces and this was the case in this wedding. Everything had a delicate balance and looked great.
Overall, I really enjoyed the planning process for this wedding, looking into all the details, the decorations, the lighting, the romantic style of the wedding. The Bride, groom and all the guests really enjoyed their time in Peru and I am sure they went back home with some great memories.
We are used to talk about wedding etiquette a lot in reference on what you should do and what you shouldn’t during your wedding planning process. We all know that planning a wedding is a big, let’s say huge, thing! And sometimes leaving apart some details can definitely happen. That is why we are here! We will provide you with a complete list of little details that you shouldn’t miss while planning your wedding, think about this as a wedding essential little details checklist, a part from the big items such as decoration, flowers, cake, church, priest or officiant, this is a very imporant list of details you should take in account.
It often happens that between a wedding cake tasting, the wedding dress shopping, the venue hunting, you can miss the little things. Never forget that in weddings every detail counts! And your guests will definitely appreciate it! Let’s be honest your guests can also be judgemental when it comes to weddings, they will compare your wedding with theirs (if married), they will look into the details and they notice if there is something missing or something wrong … this is part of the game guys. So better be prepared!
- Escort Cards: it is important that every guest has his own escort card, never forget to include one of your guest. Go through the complete list of invitees hundred times if necessary, check that all the guests’ names are spelled correctly and that they are assigned to the right table. Also, try to design escort cards in line with your wedding color palette and put them at the reception entrance. They need to be easy to find and the tables chart needs to be self-explanatory. You do not want that your guests get frustrated while looking for their escort cards.
Credits: Lara Momentos
- Wedding website: nowadays it is essential to have a wedding website. It has to be useful for your guests in terms of including wedding ceremony/reception venue address, the wedding exact timeschedule, the dresscode if any, and any relevant information. In this article you will find all you need to know to set the perfect wedding website: http://sayidoinperu.com/blog/tips-perfect-wedding-website/ Remember that if you are planning a destination wedding, the importance of the website actually increases, considering that here you can include travel tips and recommendations for your guests, flight and accommodation information, restaurants recommendations among others.
- Nice favors: this is another important details! It is a way to let your guests know how thankful you are that they made it to your wedding! So choose nice favors, possibly in line with your wedding theme (if any), and put them on a nice table so that your guests can grab a favor before going away. It is very common today to opt for edible favors, such as a little bottle of wine, a little pot of jam or honey. Your guests they will definitely love it and use it!
- Have a Plan B: this is essential especially for outdoor wedding. So have a well planned contigency plan in case of bad weather, your guests will not appreciate being outside under the rain for your wedding ceremony or reception. It would be awkward!
- Food allergies: check with your guests if they have any food allergy or if there is any vegetarian/vegan among them, so that you can arrange a special menu for them. Once you have this clear, provide a complete list tou your caterer, highlighting the names of the guests and the tables where they will be seated. This is a nice touch that your guests will definitely appreciate.
- Suppliers food: take in account that also the suppliers you selected for your wedding need to eat, so order some additional meals and pay for them in advance. You do not want to deal with this issue during the wedding reception.
- Music list: provide a detailed music list to your DJ or music band, include songs that you love it and that are meaningful for you and let them understand what are your favorite music genres. Specify to your music vendor the song you want him/her to play and when. I am referring to your reception’s entry music, your first dance song for instance. Also take in account your guests’s music tastes if you want them to have fun.
As you can see planning a wedding is a huge thing and sometimes is not easy at all to have every detail under control. Try to make lists of things you should look into and ask for help! That’s one of the best tip we can give you, always have someone, such as a wedding planner or a family member or a friend, able to look into these details with you. Four eyes see more than two!