A couple of weeks ago we had the opportunity to be part of a very special wedding celebration in the heart of the Sacred Valley. The venue of the event is one of the best places in the Sacred Valley, has a colonial architectural structure, and stunning Andean mountains around it. The Ceremony area was in a charming garden with a grand tree in the background. We absolutely loved the ambiance as it was so romantic and beautiful. The guests were truly amazed by the view and the intricate details of the whole event.
Selecting the perfect venue for this couple was just the beginning. We made sure that all details planned ahead of time were included. When planning a wedding with a couple that has never seen their venue in person, the most important thing is that we recreate the perfect setting and even more important recreate their expected dreams for decoration and make sure that every little detail was considered. The theme for this wedding was romantic and dreamy, so we chose an outdoor ceremony in a flower-filled garden. To enhance the experience, the outdoor ceremony also included a tent or “huppah” with flower details that combined with the bride’s bouquet and the wedding’s color palette.
For the reception, the Bride and groom opted for rustic-chic decoration paired with vibrant color centerpieces with red, yellow and orange roses. The centerpieces were arranged using a natural style, like a garden with foliage in a gold vase. The ceiling had a beautiful white tent paired with gold string of lights. The bar was made of wood simply decorated with light and flowers in a vase.
For many couples, the wedding cake is an essential part of the wedding celebration. The use of colors is definitely a new trend for wedding cakes. For this wedding, the cake was very important, the couple chose a 2-tier cake covered by fondant and it was hand-painted with gold touches. The cake was placed on the dessert table on top of a wooden base and surrounded by orange flowers.
The bride´s bouquet was lovely! The bride opted for an airy bouquet with orange roses of different sizes and green touches of nature, all perfectly assembled. Many times, the flowers in the bouquet define the centerpieces and this was the case in this wedding. Everything had a delicate balance and looked great.
Overall, I really enjoyed the planning process for this wedding, looking into all the details, the decorations, the lighting, the romantic style of the wedding. The Bride, groom and all the guests really enjoyed their time in Peru and I am sure they went back home with some great memories.
Choosing your wedding caterer is a very important decision. Always remember that when it comes to food for your special day you must think twice before making a decision, and firstly you must taste the food. Food is essential for wedding reception, it is something that your guests need to enjoy, so have a big eye opened on this during your wedding planning process. Remember that the food has to be delicious and mouth watering for your special day!
Also, keep in mind, that usually your wedding caterer will not only provide the food for the reception, but they will also supply the tableware, silverware, they will stock the bar and manage the flow of the lunch/dinner.
Here a list of things you should consider when it comes to wedding catering:
- Are you looking for a specific kind of food for your wedding event? If this is the case just select a little group of caterers that can provide that food. For instance if you opt for organic food, or vegan food or only fresh/raw food, or fast food style meal, or food trucks style meals, etc. These are filters you should definitely apply in case you have clear the kind of food you want to offer to your guests.
- Once you are almost sure on your caterer decision, start asking for references. It is important that you understand what kind of chefs they have in their staff, as well as the waiters they have, how do they handle last minute issues (there are always issues to solve when it comes to wedding), what are their management and planning skills, among others. If there are negative comments on one or more of these elements, do not choose this catering company and keep searching the perfect one for your event.
- Make a decision on the kind of meal you want to serve. Do you prefer a served meal or a buffet style one? This decision is important for your caterer, it makes a big difference in terms of organization, equipments and also for your budget.
- Once you book the catering supplier, always revise the contract carefully before signing it. And try to negotiate some items if you do not fully agree with them well in advance.
- Have a tasting included on the final price you are paying. It is your right to taste all the food they are going to serve on your wedding day free of additional charges, from the appetizers to the desserts.
- If you are planning a destination wedding it is important that you consider that your guests coming from abroad would love to taste traditional food of the country you have selected for your wedding, so include some traditional dishes, but still do not forget to include some basic continental-style dishes that your guests are familiar with, in case they are not brave enough to try a foreign dish.
- Do you have people with food allergies, vegan guests, vegetarian guests, guests who can only eat gluten-free food or no diary food? You should comunicate well in advance this to your caterer and provedie special menus.
- Are there kids? Prepare a list for your caterer so that he/she can supply enough meals for kids, including french fries, hambueguers, pasta, pizza, basically things that kids love and eat pleasantly.
- Prepare a list of beverage and cocktails you want to serve to your guests and make sure that the bar is properly stokked based on the number of your confirmed guests.
- Ask your caterer to have some late night snacks ready and coordinate with them the exact hour you want them to serve the snack. The snack could include little hamburguers, french fries, or some kind of little canape. This is totally up tou you and your caterer skills.
Always keep in mind that without good food, any celebration is basically incomplete. So have a big eye open on the catering choice during your wedding planning process.